- Training on a mid-range to top of the range Metal Detector (Depending on knowledge and experience)
- Learn the basics skills and knowledge required to operate and use your metal detector successfully, learn which sounds to dig, learn proper digging techniques (to ensure finds are not damaged) and disturbed ground is easily replaced, learn find location techniques, learn basic find identification and how to report and record your finds with the Portable Antiquities Scheme.
- Spend time searching one of our many designated sites and make potentially exciting discoveries.
- Our experience day are designed to give you a in-depth experience into the wonderful world of metal detecting.
- Maximum 4 people on the experience day unless previously agreed, we want small and informal groups so you get the most benefit from the experience.
- All areas are available for both the Experience day and VIP Experience days.
- Other areas also available on a on a 1-1 basis only ( please email for details)
- Dates currently from Feb 2021 and valid for one year ( with time added for any government Covid regulations that restrict locations or outdoor organised activity)
- Metal Detector
- Finds pouch
- Probe / pointer
- Spade / digging tool
- Finds Box
- Printed advice and guidance from the day
- Certificate of completion
- Tea & Coffee and light snack
- Weather appropriate clothing and footwear (not steel toe cap safety boots/shoes)
- Extra food and drink (Tea & coffee & light snack are provided)
- Hand sanitiser, face mask etc (if required)
It couldn’t be easier, just email us to confirm availability for the date you want then make your selection below.
Full bespoke packages are also available including equipment and training, please call 07771 512784 for more details.